Loaded Baked Potato Soup

>> Monday, September 3, 2012


I got this recipe from a friend. It is simple a delicious. A go to in this house for Fall (or when we just want it to feel like Fall!)

What you need:
5lbs Russet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 cans of chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bar of cream cheese
salt & pepper

PLUS:
Fresh chives, chopped
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Shredded cheese of your choice (We use cheddar)

What you need to do:
Place all of the ingredients in the top list in your slow cooker. (5qt works, but is very full, so I use my 7qt for this)
Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6.
Every few hours I stir to help break up the potatoes in order to thicken the soup (plus I like mine creamier).

Top with chives, cheese and bacon and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Back to TOP